Saturday, September 15, 2007

Quiet

It's a quiet, lonely stage when no one knows you're on it. I kind of prefer it. Like a predawn event-no one knows you're up yet. Feels like you have the entire day to yourself. So much potential, so much space...and peace, quiet.

Writing this thing got overwhelming towards the end of being in Asia, and then just fell off the face of the planet when I returned to the States. I received amazing feedback from so many people and while it was exciting to know people were reading, I started stressing over writing (Alisa? Stress? Over self-imposed pressure? Surely not!) and further more, what to say. It 's never all sunshine and daffodils, but how much to include? How much time to spend wallowing in my own crap, how much time to spend pulling myself up by proverbial bootstraps to appear heroic and unflappable in my own cast role?

One friend in particular, has been influential in spurring me back to the blog (still a ridiculous name-where did it come from? Is it as ludicrous as G.O.R.P.? Boring Longwinded Online Geeks). While most of his "suggestions" inspire semi-hostile responses, there are a few that find their targets and are well received...oh okay, stroke my ego...but only the first 7,541,642 times, then I'll have to reign you in.

For anyone who doesn't know, I am a bicycle tour guide. I work for a bicycle and multi-sport tour company- whose website I may even attach a link to for viewing of absurd mug shot and "bio" that haunt me throughout tours. I mention this because, while it appears I have dropped into a void of cyber inactivity, I assure you my life is anything but, and I LOVE THAT. I love my job and I love my life and I want to tell you more about it all, but I can't right now because I am on back-to-back tours in Utah, and have to go prep for #2 of 2.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blog - it's derived from web log.