Monday, September 17, 2007

Title

I had a girlfriend tell me once that turning 30 was the greatest thing yet. She swore the angst and stress of being a teenager or twenty-something melted away and the burning questions of "who am I?" and "what the hell am I doing w/ my life?" became obsolete. I suppose we all do, but I place a lot of faith in those little things that imply some relief when, for instance, I have no idea what I'm doing w/ my life.

In truth, I am less concerned about the answers to that question at the moment, than when I am given a week off to obsess over it. For now, I revel in the blissful state of being employed beyond the free-time required to properly ponder my likely-upcoming-seasonal-unemployment...say that ten times fast. I say likely, because there is always the chance of spending my winter in Hawaii or New Zealand, running tours (yes, I get paid to do this, though arguably not enough). Anyway, too much to think about when faced w/ the immediate tasks of waking up, finding coffee, making lunch, washing dishes, filling water coolers, filling snack bins, fixing squeaks, emptying garbage, applying sunscreen, hiking, biking and chasing the current collection of spandex clad cyclists about the spectacular scenery of Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park.

No comments: