Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Way too many nights in Bangkok

I swore off sugar today. That lasted almost 5 minutes. I bought a plane ticket out of here a week ago. I am still here. I bought a bike. I am not riding my bike. No no, instead I am flying high on Thai iced coffee, while surfing cyber waves en-slow-motion-route to the airport where I will...sit...some more...on stand-by. Grrr.

Although, there is a gentleman sitting next to me in the internet cafe who is trying desperately to delete his own e-mail account. He says he cannot control himself to not check it, but no longer wants to read the e-mails that it contains...hmmm. I feel oddly contented by the fact that I do not currently view my web accounts in the same light. Though I can't confidently say that I have never nor will ever again empathize. Damn the world of open communication, right? Ha. No, not really.

I have a line up of people on this end that I keep wanting to thank. While I dog paddle through a sea of screwy logistics, I have been blessed a million times over by the people around me, preparing me for the real journey. From simple encouragement to traveling tips, giving, loaning or selling of equipment, and tangible heart-to-hearts over coffee, beer or curry. I feel rejuvinated by the connections I have made with fellow travelers and locals alike. While I cannot wait to get out of Bangkok, I cannot leave w/out saying thank you. And that's my moment of Zen. Now, where the hell is my taxi? Tee hee.

I'm going to end every paragraph I write from now on w/ a written laugh sound. Not really, but it amuses me to consider. I sooooo neeeeeeeed to get out of heeeeeeeeeere. Now there is a man yelling in Spanish in the phone booth. The guy next to me deleting e-mail accounts was Cambodian and dispelled this information in a whisper. According to him, Thais do not like Cambodians. Last I checked, a lot of the world doesn't like American's, but so far I have not felt inclined to whisper it. I think I walk around a lot, having no clue just how blessed my life is.

I am going to go break down my bike now and cram it into a box to cram into some form of public transportation to get myself out of here. I hope this finds you all well and loving life. If not, then quit whatever you are doing and get over here. I need a touring partner. Big grin. Smooches.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Girl, you are friggin insane. Half of me is frightened for your life, and the other half is giving you a standing ovation for your sheer moxie. (I'm not sure exactly what moxie means, but it seems to describe you nonetheless) I also can't wait to tell the professors who assigned me to read "Catfish and Mandala" that my copy is now making its way around southeast asia with a woman and her bike. Have you finished reading it yet? What did you think? If you enjoyed it, you should definitely pass it along to some other crazy with a bike...
Much love,
Nettie

Brittany Tull said...

hey sry i dont know whitch messg. youll get frist but i forgot to tell you that i think it is way kool that you are in asia or i think thats were you are lol well ive never been out of groesbeck and it flippin suxs i wuld love to go and vistie other places!!But i already know what im going to collge for and i want to be a lawyer!!!Well its still your cousin Brittany!! tow comments in one night you should fill special i dont even do this for trey lol!!But yeah im not going to lie and telling you im doing well in skool lol thats wat evryone ask me and im passing everthing but not by much!!well you should call me sometime!!its my cell 1254-424-7362 well i guess im about to go to bed even though its only 8:15 i stayed up till about 1 lastnight on the phone but whenever you get this plzzzzzz call me i want to here how everything is going!!!well im not going to keep you anymore LOVE YA!!!bunches!!LOve always your cousin Brittany Christine Tull

James said...

So, Please please please tell me you got the HELL out of bangkok and are hanging out with jesus and his desciples in Chiang Mai cuz if not then you better be locked up in your guest house (and IT better not be the shanti dread Inn)gazing at the naval!!! I had such a great time over 6 no 4 beers, no... curry veg or chicken or whatever and having to hide from the federal investigators as they tried to figure out who stole two beers from the fucking fridge! Hey let me give you my email cuz i never got yours...I'm cycling India and doing the naval gaze myself over there and am inviting you to go for a bike ride if interested. It's about $500 US round trip from BKK to Delhi and should be cheap after that. "call me!" jbryner62@yahoo.com

James said...

And no I'm not a total tight wad...I'm a budget traveller an offended budget traveller!!!