Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Pai...squared

So here I am in Pai...where all the cool people & hipppies go. I have to say, the experience of getting to dodge elephant dung in the road, made the whole trip worth it. Although, the descent into town has to rank in the top 10, maybe top 5. It was awesome.

I keep finding myself w/ less and less to report, not because I don't encounter weird shit (ha ha, literally) everyday, but it's starting to feel normal I guess. That, and there are sooooo many details in a day of talking to myself, where's a girl to begin? Maybe it's bloggers block...you think they could medicate me for that? I'm rounding up a whole new line of ailments due to blogging that the world didn't see comin'. Yeah, that's right, cuz I'm supa sly.

Right, intelligent conversation. Focus. New pics from the last adventure. Still working on this one. This is going to be my third night in Pai, and as usual, what I really need to do is get on my bike and ride. Two nights of freezing my butt off in my new, fancy, USELESS sleeping bag, had me tucking tail and running from my little hotsprings haven, into town for a real bed. For anyone who doesn't know this, I am an amazing display for tortured and useless after two nights of no sleep. So, a perfectly good biking day down the drain. Damn. Guess I'll have to go eat some curry and suck it up.

I am biking my own version of a somewhat establised route known as the Mae Hong Son Loop. Between back roads and side trips, I plan to be on this rt for the next 10 days, landing back in Chiang Mai to catch a bus to the Laos border. There's a 5 day tour that Lonely Planet lays out from Vientiene to Luang Probang, that I want to ride and draw out again w/ a few side trips.

I feel like I am giving you a monotonous layout of what is a really cool trip...but my brain can't wrap itself around at the moment. Curry calls and I love you all. Promise to sound smarter in the morning, though I'll likely tell it to the road and not the blog. Ha!

Happy belated birthdays to Tebin and Dooyee! Smooches all around.

3 comments:

James said...

So how about if I come up to chian mai by train and we ride out of town toward laos because if i see one more f*%&$#g train after that I will freak out!!!?? I hear the ride from there east is good and it beats the overstretching at rishikesh for you yogaphobics...just an idea from one who has serious adventure envy.

Unknown said...

Elephant poop - gross!

Love you!!! Sarah

Lael said...

Hooray for you Alisa! Keep writing your observations! Hugs and Kisses!